Last week the boys and I were lucky enough to get invited to CiCi’s Pizza for a blogger event. We had a lot of fun. The boys got to play games, color, and make their own personal pizzas while I learned about the new limited time Unlimited Stuffed Crust Pizza and Fiery Mango Tango Pizza.
The CiCi’s we went to was really nice inside. I imagine it’s a newer one. The one by our house has been around for a very long time and but this one really looked brand new. The restaurant was laid out really well and it felt very open and spacious. The arcade was also nice and open as well.
The first thing that we did was learn all about the new Unlimited Stuffed Crust Pizza. We got to see exactly how it was made before getting to make our own.
- The dough is made fresh daily and once it is put into the pan the edges are then pressed up on to the sides of the pan.
- The next is putting 100% real mozzarella cheese along the edges and wrapping the dough over the cheese.
- Once both sides of the stuffed crust are done they par-bake the crust before adding the toppings.
- Moving on to the toppings-the sauce is spread on carefully to avoid it getting on the stuffed crust edge. Next, cheese is sprinkled on top of the sauce and then 20 pepperonis are placed on the pizza. The pepperonis are placed in 4 rows of 5. The pepperonis that are on the edge overlap the crust slightly and then the next row overlaps that row slightly. The reason they have such a strategic way to place the pepperonis is to ensure that when they cut it each slice has exactly 2 pepperonis.
- Before the pizza goes into the oven they sprinkle on Italian seasoning.
Once we knew how to assemble our pizzas we lined up to make our own.
While we had been learning to make the Unlimited Stuffed Crust pizza the kids had already made and started eating their own pizzas.
As we waited for our pizzas to bake we learned about the Fiery Mango Tango Pizza. This pizza was inspired by Eddie Jackson’s winning pizza on Food Network Star. The pizza is made with a blend of mango, pineapple, and jalapeno with a cream cheese icing all on a cinnamon sugar crust.
Once our Stuffed Crust Pizza was out of the oven we had to put on the finishing touch- garlic butter on the crust. We also learned how to cut the pizza.
I really enjoyed my Stuffed Crust Pizza, especially the stuffed crust part. The boys got to have some at home for a snack since I only ate one slice of pizza at CiCi’s. Connor especially really loved it. He actually ate full slices which he doesn’t normally do.
We also received gift bags and inside was a $10 gift card that we’re giving away. The giveaway is running on our Facebook page until Monday August 3rd at 9pm central time. If you’d like to enter head over to the page and comment with your favorite pizza.
CiCi’s Unlimited Stuffed Crust will be on the menu until October 25th and the Fiery Mango Tango Pizza is only on the menu until August 16th. Make sure to stop by your nearest CiCi’s location soon if you’d like to try both.